9 Crucial Steps for setting up an e-commerce business.
If you are planning to start your online business, then these are the must do steps, you should implement before you launch your website.
1. E-commerce website set up - If you are planning to start an e-commerce business to sell your products then you should select a right platform first to build your store. Some of the good store management tools available in the market are Shopify, Magento, Woo commerce, Ecwid.
Make sure to check all the features available on these platforms and check which one suits your needs better. Depending on your needs you will want to select the right platform. Also make sure to check the pricing as well, as per your business model, as pricing may effect your overall business expenses.
2. Google analytics setup - Analytics help you track your website traffic. You will know how many visitors visited your page, location they came from, device type they were using, their average time spent on the web page, their demography like age group and gender. This type of information will help you make meaningful conclusions about your marketing plans, and you will be able tweak your strategies for better conversions.
3. Conversion tracking - After you will set up analytics, you need to set up conversion tag as well, this helps you track your goals, like signups on your website, sales, calls to your business. You might also want to set up event tracking as well to track specific information like number of video plays, PDF downloads or CTA (call to action) button clicks.
This is important to keep track of your conversions based on your budget and overall business goals.
4. Remarketing tags - This is one of the most powerful features of online advertising world. If you do not set up remarketing then you will definitely miss on the your most of converting customers. Remarketing lets you show ads to customers who have visited your website before.
Today, 70% of the web traffic comes from mobile device, so mostly customers will come on the go, and would give comparatively less time to your site. You would want to track people who have added products to cart, but have abandoned it due to any reasons, by tracking these type of customers you can show targeted and tailored ad to them, to make then think again about your products.
5. Email automation set up - When someone comes to your site and fills a form, you should acknowledge that with an automated email. You can also set up triggered emails based on days, time and activity type as well. A strong strategic emails have resulted in 80% of B2B sales as per a survey.
6. Facebook pixels - For remarketing on Social media site like Facebook and Instagram, you are required to add Facebook pixels to your site, this will let you track your audience on Social Media and you can show ads to people who have engaged with your website before.
7. Google my business - Before you launch your website and share it with your clients or people on the web. Submit and list your business on Google My Business, so that when people search with your business name, Google can share related information about your business with them. Google will show information like your website address, contact information, opening and closing hours, directions on the Map etc.
This will specifically help your business drive direct store walk in as people do search on their mobiles about nearby businesses. And Google can recommend your business to them.
8. Webmasters and SEO - Now when you create a website, you should tell Google that there exits a website like yours by submitting it to Google webmasters. But before you submit your site, it is recommended to do some part of SEO, especially On page SEO, so that when Google scans your website, it can understand what type of site you have and what products or services you specializes in. This way Google can index your site well and might show it for related searches.
9. Create strong strategies - Above all make a good strong user flow, after all everything we do is to have better conversions and business. Therefore a smooth user experience is very important across your site and on other platforms.